Update: We notified you this morning that someone who recently visited the community tested positive for Covid-19. We have since learned that the individual and other family members were here from Friday, July 3 to Sunday, July 12. After the one individual tested positive, all other family members tested negative. We are continuing to work with the County and VDH on notification procedures and cleaning protocols and we will continue to advise you as additional information becomes available to us. We hope to be able to reopen the pool later this week. Thank you
In the meantime, here’s what the CDC recommends for people who learn they may have been in close contact with others positive for Covid 19: https://www.cdc.gov/
From the CDC: What counts as close contact?
- You were within 6 feet of someone who has COVID-19 for at least 15 minutes
- You provided care at home to someone who is sick with COVID-19
- You had direct physical contact with the person (touched, hugged, or kissed them)
- You shared eating or drinking utensils
- They sneezed, coughed, or somehow got respiratory droplets.