The GHCP Pool is Operating Under Phase 2 Guidelines
The pool has been open for 10 days now. Here’s a recap of how we are operating under Phase 2. The Board will be reviewing the Phase 3 guidelines in consultation with members, public health professionals, and the County Administrator. If changes are made. they will be announced on this web site and Glebe Harbor Cabin Point Pool Facebook page.
The Virginia Department of Health Phase 2 Guidelines for outdoor pools allow lap swimming, instruction, exercise and diving.
Masks are encouraged whenever social distancing may not be possible – Entering and leaving the gate, when checking in, socializing with others on the deck, and when using the restrooms or other confined areas. Masks will not be worn in the water.
When you check in, Please wear your mask. Your temperature will be checked, and you will be asked questions about recent travel. Please hold out your access card to be scanned and tell the staff member if you have a reservation.
Contact tracing: The person presenting the access card will be asked to sign a waiver form and print the names of the people in their group on the back, along with contact information. If during the summer we learn that someone who has been at the pool has tested positive, we will cooperate with contract tracing conducted by health officials. Please us a pen from the “Clean Pens” cup and return it to the “Used Pens” cup to be sanitized before reuse.
Pool users must practice social distancing unless they are part of a household unit or family. For Phase 2 we have divided our pool up to make this possible.
- We have 5 lap lanes. Only three people can use a lap lane at one time and must stay 10 feet apart. Two lanes are reserved for lap swimmers. The other 3 are “free exercise lanes, for walking, treading water, or other exercises.
- The rest of the pool is divided into four exercise areas. These mini-pools are 11 feet wide, and are 30-40 feet long. People in the same household may use these spaces, separated by a ten foot No Swim Zone between adjacent areas.
- The wading pool is a fifth zone for a family or folks from the same household.
- Reservation blocks begin on the hour. Members may use the area for 45 minutes; the remaining 15 minutes allow for disinfecting the area, making the transition, and a lifeguard break.
- Advance reservations are available for members who choose to make them, but are not required. (Our reservation system is explained HERE. Members may reserve an exercise area or lap lane for a specific day and time, up to 7 days in advance.)
- Members who arrive without reservations may sign up for use any available area when they arrive, use it for the remainder of the 45 minute block, and reserve the next block if it is available. Please respect the markers on the deck for social distancing while checking in and around the guard chairs.
- Tables, lounges, and chairs have been arranged to comply with Phase 2 required distances. PLEASE DO NOT MOVE THE FURNITURE
Disinfection: Staff will disinfect common areas at shift changes. We will provide disinfectant and wipes, and ask you to clean whatever table, lounge, or chair you select before you use it. Spray disinfectant and hand sanitizer dispensers are available in the restrooms and at the check in table. (Disinfectant is ½ cup bleach per gallon of water)
- No concession stand, bring your own drinks (no glass) and snacks
- No ping pong, water volleyball
- No noodles and toys will be provided, bring your own and take them home with you.
- No access to the Clubhouse, no potluck dinners, ice cream socials or Blue Moon nights
- There will be a limit to the number of people allowed at the pool at any one time.
- No early hours unatttended swimming.
Hours are unchanged:
- Monday – Wednesday 12 noon to 7:00 p.m.;
- Thursday & Friday 12 noon to 8 p.m.
- Saturday & Holidays 10:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m.
- Sunday 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- The pool will be closed when necessary for maintenance, during storms, and when the outside air is below 70 degrees.
Our goal is allow members the greatest possible access to our GHCP amenities, consistent with personal safety and good stewardship of our resources.
We will be posting more information about the pool on the GHCP Clubhouse bulletin board, the GHCP Pool Facebook page, and the gh-cp.org Website.
Keeping our pool open under these restrictions will require cooperation from everyone. Let’s work together to make this can happen!